PRESS RELEASE: ATAS Celebrates its Customers and Announces Projects of the Year
Author: Stevi Jerrold
Location: Allentown, PA
Allentown, Pa., June 11, 2010 –ATAS International, Inc., a leading manufacturer of metal roofing, wall and ceiling panels for commercial and residential applications, recently held an event to celebrate its successes and honor its customers—Customer Appreciation Day, which took place on May 3-4. Participants toured the ATAS headquarters in Allentown, as well as Brightsmith Coil Coaters, a sister company of ATAS located in Morrisville, Pa.; explored booths that showcased the latest ATAS products and educational materials; and made time for some fun with a golf tournament and sporting clays competition.
On Monday night, ATAS held a State of the Industry & Awards Ceremony Dinner. Dick Bus, president of ATAS, gave his oversight on the current trends within the industry and vision for the future.
During the dinner, ATAS announced the winners of its annual Project of the Year awards. Awards are given in five categories: Commercial Roofs, Commercial Walls, Residential Roofs, Residential Walls and Sustainable Building Projects. To qualify, all projects must have been completed during 2009 and must feature ATAS products. The winners included:
- First Place: St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Louisiana, Mo. Installer, Herzing Roofing, Jefferson City, Mo.; distributor, Shelter Distribution, Jefferson City; product, Castle Top (HCT160) in Dove Grey and Mission Red.
- Second Place: The Station at Potomac Yards, Alexandria, Va. Installer, Prospect Waterproofing Co., Sterling, Va.; distributor, Bradco Supply Corp., Lorton, Va.; architects, Rust Orling Architecture, Alexandria, and Lemay Erickson Wilcox Architects, Reston, Va.; product, ScanRoof (SCP163) in Mission Red.
- Third Place: Champion Hills Country Club, Victor, N.Y. Installer, Bayford Construction Inc., Spencerport, N.Y.; architect, Barkstrom & LaCroix Architects, Rochester, N.Y.; product, Dutch Seam (MRD150) in Patina Green.
- First Place: Urban Exchange, Harrisonburg, Va. Installer, Royal Exteriors, Richmond, Va.; distributor Bradco Supply Corp., Richmond; architect, MTFA Architecture Inc., Arlington, Va.; product, Corra-Lok (MFC160) in Galvalume Plus.
- Second Place: Clayton Community Center, Clayton, N.C. Installer, Burns & Scallo, Garner, N.C.; distributor, Bradco Supply Corp., Richmond, Va.; architect, Clearscapes PA, Raleigh, N.C.; products, Dutch Seam (MRD194) in Antique Patina and Belvedere Short Rib (BWK360) in Classic Bronze.
- Third Place: Gangi Apartments, North Hollywood, Calif. Installer and distributor, Tinco Sheet Metal Contractors, Los Angeles; design architect, stenforSlAssociates, Los Angeles; executive architect, DE Architects AIA, Santa Monica, Calif.; product, Metafor (MFP120) in Coppertone.
- First Place: Private Residence, Ocean City, N.J. Installer, CopperWorks, Hammonton, N.J.; distributor, Bradco Supply Corp., Pleasantville, N.J.; product, Dutch Seam (MRD150) in Classic Bronze.
- Second Place: Private Residence, Goochland County, Va. Installer, Lonestar Siding & Windows, Richmond, Va.; distributor, Bradco Supply Corp., Richmond; product, Dutch Seam (MRD194) in Hartford Green.
- Third Place: Private Residence, Williamsburg, Va. Installer, Peninsula Roofing Co., Newport News, Va.; distributor, Bradco Supply Corp., Richmond; architect, Watershed Architects, Williamsburg, Va.; product, Dutch Seam (MRD150) in Dove Grey.
Sustainable Building Projects
- First Place: Private Residence, Portland, Ore. Installer, Schaefer Siding, Gresham, Ore.; designer, Scott Kewley, Portland; product, Metafor (MFP120) in Champagne.
- Second Place: Private Residence, Sagaponack, N.Y. Installer, Line Home Improvement, Hampton Bays, N.Y..; distributor, H.Verby, Holbrook, N.Y.; architect, McDonough & Conroy, Islandia, N.Y; products, Belvedere (BWR360), custom copings and a Curved PC System (PCX150) & Micro Seam Corners in Award Blue and Slate Grey.
- Third Place: Wolf Modern Townhomes, Harrisonburg, Va. Installer, Skyline Roofing Inc., Dayton, Va.; distributor, Bradco Supply Corp., Roanoke, Va.; architect, Velocity Property Group, Harrisonburg, Va.; products, Rigid-Wall (MFR160) and Dutch Seam (MRD150) in Galvalume Plus and Redwood.
- First Place: Slavin Center at Providence College, Providence, R.I. Installer, Roofing Concepts, East Greenwich, R.I.; distributor, Beacon Sales Co. Inc., Cranston, R.I.; architect, Symmes Maini & McKee Associates, Cambridge, Mass.; product, Field-Lok (FLM165) in Silversmith with ATA-Solar.
- Second Place: Giles County Tenant One Wheatland Eco Park, Giles, Va. Installer, HS Williams Co., Marion, Va.; architect, Craddock Cunningham Architectural Partners, Blacksburg, Va.; product, InSpire Wall (BWS390) in Classic Bronze.
- Third Place: University of Wyoming Indoor Practice Facility, Laramie. Installer, Delta Construction, Fort Collins, Colo.; distributor, Riddell & Co., Englewood, Colo.; architect, MKK Consulting Engineers Inc., Cheyenne, Wyo.; product, InSpire Wall (BWS390) in Butler Terra Brown.
Founded in 1963, ATAS International, Inc., a leading manufacturer of metal roofing, wall and ceiling panels, produces systems for commercial and residential buildings. The ATAS product line offers more than 20 profiles available in aluminum, steel, zinc and copper. These profiles include: standing and batten seams; corrugated; curved; tapered; shingles; tiles; shakes; mansards; and narrow or wide ribbed panels with hidden or exposed fasteners. Rainware, crown moulding and perimeter edge trim are also available with the same finish to match or accent a roofing or wall system. ATAS offers energy efficient building envelope technology, such as cool roofing products that are ENERGY STAR® qualified and InSpire, the transpired solar collector, which utilizes precision perforated metal panels to preheat ventilation air via solar energy. ATA-Solar, a building integrated photovoltaic product complements ATAS’ sustainable product offerings. Profiles are coated with a Kynar 500® PVDF or Hylar 5000® PVDF finish in 30 standard colors. ATAS has four manufacturing facilities in the United States: two facilities, including the headquarters, in Allentown, Pa.; one in Maryville, Tenn.; and one in Mesa, Ariz. All ATAS locations are certified to ISO 9001:2008 with design.
There are no comments on this article.