PRESS RELEASE: ATAS Celebrates Customers and Projects at Customer Appreciation Day
Author: Stevi Jerrold
Location: Allentown, PA
Allentown, Pa., June 8, 2012 REVISED – ATAS International, Inc., a leading manufacturer of metal roofing, wall and ceiling panels for commercial and residential applications, honored customers by hosting a two-day celebration called Customer Appreciation Day. On May 7, customers toured the ATAS headquarters in Allentown and learned more about ATAS products and manufacturing capabilities. The participants had the opportunity to golf or shoot sporting clays in an afternoon competition, and the evening was highlighted by the State of the Industry & Awards Ceremony Dinner. On May 8, participants could learn more about Brightsmith Coil Coaters, an ATAS sister company in Morrisville, Pa., with a facility tour.
ATAS announced the winners of its annual Project of the Year Awards during the State of the Industry & Awards Ceremony Dinner. Awards are given in five categories: Commercial Roofs, Commercial Walls, Residential Roofs, Residential Walls and Sustainability. To qualify, all projects must have been completed during 2011 and must feature ATAS products. The winners are:
- First Place: Saint Vincent College Science Pavilion, Latrobe, Pa. Architect, MacLachian, Cornelius & Fioni Inc., Pittsburgh; distributor, North Coast Commercial Roofing Systems Inc., Pittsburgh; installer, Miller-Thomas Gyekis Inc., Pittsburgh. Products include: Dutch Seam (MRD150), 0.040-inch aluminum in Champagne; 2" Tapered Field-Lok (FLT195), 0.040-inch aluminum in Champagne; and PC Snap-On System (PCP999), 0.040-inch aluminum in Champagne.
- Second Place: Plaza Azteca, Newport News, Va. Distributor, ABC Supply Co. Inc., Newport News; installer, Complete Roofing Solutions Inc., Christiansburg, Va.; product, Techo Tile (SCT400), 0.032-inch aluminum in Mission Red.
- Third Place: New Holy Cross Church of Christ W.I.C., Trenton, N.J. Distributor, Allied Building Products, Levittown, Pa.; installer, Shiny Diamond Cleaning & Restoration, Princeton, N.J.; product, Advanta (HAS300), 29-gauge steel in Cape Cod Grey.
- First Place: United Cerebral Palsy Center Office, Pittsburgh. Architect, Springboard Design, Pittsburgh; distributor, North Coast Commercial Roofing Systems Inc., Pittsburgh; installer, Cuddy Roofing Co. Inc., Pittsburgh; products, Span Wall (BWS240) Perforated, 0.040-inch aluminum in Ascot White, and Opaline (OPF080), 24-gauge steel in Black and Ascot White.
- Second Place: Village II Shoppes, Mount Laurel, N.J. Architect, Compass Architectural Design PC, Voorhees, N.J.; distributor, ABC Supply Co. Inc., Pleasantville, N.J.; installer, CopperWorks Inc. Metal Roofing, Atco, N.J.; product, CastleTop, 0.032-inch aluminum in Coppertone.
- Third Place: Center Street, Jamaica Plain, Mass. Architect, Studio G Architects Inc., Jamaica Plain; distributor, Beacon Sales Co., Brockton, Mass.; installer, Capeway Roofing Systems Inc., Westport, Mass.; product, Corrugated Panel (BWC374), 24-gauge steel in Dove Grey.
- First Place: Delta Chi Residence at James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Va. Distributor, ABC Supply Co. Inc., Roanoke, Va.; installer, Skyline Roofing Inc., Dayton, Va; products, Techo Tile (SCT400), 0.032-inch aluminum in Mission Red, and Dutch Seam (MRD150), 24-gauge steel in Mission Red.
- First Place: Private Residence, Winter Park, Fla. Distributor, Allied Building Products, Vero Beach, Fla., and installer, Rock Solid Roofing Inc., Melbourne, Fla. Products include: Dutch Seam (MRD150), 0.032-inch aluminum in Clear Anodized; Versa-Lok, 0.032-inch aluminum in Clear Anodized; and CastleTop, 0.032-inch aluminum in Clear Anodized.
- Third Place: Private Residence, Lewes, Del. Design-builder, Brooks Palmer Custom Homes, Georgetown, Del.; distributor, Quality Roofing Supply Co., Lewes; Installer, J.Culver Construction Inc., Bridgeville, Del.; product, Granutile (HGT144), 26-gauge steel in Mission Red.
- First Place: Private Residence, Highland, N.C. Architect, Summit Architecture, Highland; distributor, Jennings Supply Inc., Cashiers, N.C.; installer, Ash Construction Inc., Cashiers; product, Corra-Lok, 0.032-inch aluminum in Champagne.
- Second Place: Private Residence, St. George Island, Fla. Architect, McWhorter Architects PA, Seagrove, Fla.; distributor, Gulfeagle Supply Inc., Panama City, Fla.; installer, Bobby James Inc. Metal Roofing, East Point, Fla.; product, Metafor, 0.040-inch aluminum in Slate Grey.
- Third Place: Private Residence, Hingham, Mass. Architect, Philip A. Smith, Boston; distributor, Ryan Seamless Gutter Systems Inc., Westwood, Mass; installer, Asher Nichols & Craftsmen LLC, Chestnut Hill, Mass.; product, Corrugated Panel (BWC374), 0.032-inch aluminum in Silversmith.
- First Place: Coyne Science Center at Le Moyne College, Syracuse, N.Y. Architect, Ashley McGraw Architects P.C., Syracuse; distributor, Kamco Supply Corp. of New England, Liverpool, N.Y.; installer, Edward Schalk & Son Inc., East Syracuse, N.Y.; products, InSpire (Perforated MPN120), 0.032-inch aluminum in Classic Bronze, and Multi-Purpose Panel (MPN120), 0.032-inch aluminum in Classic Bronze.
- Second Place: West Basin Temp. Ocean Water Desalination Facility, Redondo Beach, Calif. Architect, MWH Americas Inc., Arcadia, Calif.; distributor, Allied Building Products Corp., Anaheim, Calif.; installer, Cimco A/C & Sheet Metal Inc., Santa Fe Springs, Calif.; products, ATA-Solar composed of 2 3/8" Field-Lok (FLS180), 0.040-inch aluminum in Dove Grey, and Design Wall (DWF120), 0.040-inch aluminum in Dove Grey.
- Third Place: Kirby Morgan Dive Center, Santa Maria, Calif. Architect, Pacific Architecture, San Louis Obispo, Calif.; distributor, Structural Materials Co., Commerce, Calif.; installer, DM Sullivan Construction, Bakersfield, Calif.; product, InSpire, 0.032-inch aluminum in Classic Bronze.
Founded in 1963, ATAS International, Inc., a leading manufacturer of metal roofing, wall and ceiling panels, produces systems for commercial and residential buildings. The ATAS product line offers more than 20 profiles available in aluminum, steel, zinc and copper. These profiles include: standing and batten seams; corrugated; curved; tapered; shingles; tiles; shakes; and narrow or wide ribbed panels with hidden or exposed fasteners. Rainware, crown moulding and perimeter edge trim are also available with the same finish to match or accent a roofing or wall system. ATAS offers energy efficient building envelope technology, such as cool roofing products that are ENERGY STAR® qualified and InSpire, the transpired solar collector, which utilizes precision perforated metal panels to preheat ventilation air via solar energy. ATA-Solar, a building integrated photovoltaic product complements ATAS’ sustainable product offerings. Profiles are coated with a Kynar 500® PVDF or Hylar 5000® PVDF finish in 30 standard colors. ATAS has four manufacturing facilities in the United States: two facilities, including the headquarters, in Allentown, Pa.; one in Maryville, Tenn.; and one in Mesa, Ariz. All ATAS locations are certified to ISO 9001:2008 with design.
There are no comments on this article.