Allentown, Pa., July 1, 2011 –ATAS International, Inc., a leading manufacturer of metal roofing, wall and ceiling panels for commercial and residential applications, recently held its annual Customer Appreciation Day. Taking place May 2-3, ATAS invited customers to its headquarters to celebrate a year of successes. Participants toured the ATAS headquarters in Allentown, as well as Brightsmith Coil Coaters, a sister company of ATAS located in Morrisville, Pa.; explored booths that showcased the latest ATAS products and educational materials; and participated in a golf tournament and sporting clays competition.
During the State of the Industry & Awards Ceremony Dinner, ATAS announced the winners of its annual Project of the Year awards. Awards are given in four categories: Commercial Roofs, Commercial Walls, Residential Roofs and Residential Walls. To qualify, all projects must have been completed during 2010 and must feature ATAS products. The winners are:
• First Place: St. Leon Cathedral of the Western Dioceses of Burbank, Burbank, Calif. Architect, 2K Forum Inc./Kaaren Khoudikian, Glendale, Calif.; distributor, Blue Diamond Supply, Grand Terrace, Calif.; installer, Cal Pac Sheet Metal, Santa Ana, Calif.; product, Dutch Seam (MRD150) in Coppertone.
• Second Place: RdV Vineyards, Delaplane, Va. Architect, Neumann Lewis Buchanan Architects, Middleburg, Va.; distributor, Bradco Supply, Roanoke, Va.; installer, Skyline Roofing Inc., Harrisonburg, Va.; product, Field Lok (FLL217) in Black.
• Third Place: Tennessee Williams Home and Welcome Center, Columbus, Miss. Architect, Pryor & Morrow Architects and Engineers P.A., Columbus; distributor ABC Supply Inc., Birmingham, Ala.; installer, Rick Williams Construction Co. Inc., Columbus; product, CastleTop (HCT160) in Mission Red.
• First Place: Needham Public Safety Building, Needham, Mass. Architect, Winter Street Architects Inc., Salem, Mass.; distributor, Beacon Sales, Worcester, Mass.; installer, Weston Architectural Products, North Oxford, Mass.; products, Versa-Lok (VSL166) in Champagne, Metafor (MFP120) in Antique Patina and CastleTop (HCT160) in Coppertone.
• Second Place: Ann Arbor Municipal Building, Ann Arbor, Mich. Architect, Quinn Evans Architects, Ann Arbor; distributor, Oakland Metal Sales Inc., Auburn Hills, Mich.; installer, CEI Michigan LLC, Howell, Mich.; products, Rigid Wall (MFR160) in Dove Grey, Silversmith and Chromium Grey, as well as Belvedere (BWR360) in Dove Grey.
• Third Place: Salameno Spiritual Center, Mahwah, N.J. Architect, Holzman Moss Bottino Architecture LLP, New York; distributor, New Castle Building Products, White Plains, N.Y.; installer, D. Simonetti Roofing, Elmsford, N.Y.; products, PC Panel (PCP120), PC Concave Arc (PCV120), PC Convex Arc (PCX120) and Field-Lok (FLL135) all in Galvalume.
• First Place: Private Residence, Raeford, N.C. Distributor, Bradco Supply Co., Raleigh, N.C.; installer, JDM Roofing Co. Inc., Fayetteville, N.C.; product, Dutch Seam (MRD150) in Teal.
• Second Place: Private Residence, East Hampton, N.Y. Distributor, ABC Supply Inc., Holbrook, N.Y.; installer, Jaime Sanchez Inc., East Hampton, N.Y.; product, Dutch Seam (MRD150) in Silversmith.
• Third Place: Private Residence, New Market, Tenn. Installer, Custom Cut Roofing, Harriman, Tenn., and product, Granutile (HGT144) in Mission Red.
• First Place: Private Residence, Dayton, Ohio. Distributor, Corken Steel Products, Dayton; installer, Mike Sikora’s Dayton Home Improvement Center Inc., Dayton; product, CorraLok (MFC160) in Galvalume Plus and Classic Bronze.
• Second Place: Private Residence, Beverley Hills, Calif. Architect, Edward R. Niles Architect, Malibu, Calif.; distributor, Blue Diamond Supply, Grand Terrace, Calif.; installer, DBR Roofing, Van Nuys, Calif.; products, Metafor Panel (MFP120), Convex Metafor (MFX120) and Dutch Seam (MRD150) all in Champagne.
• Third Place: Private Residence, Monkton, Md. Installer, New Cut Builders, Kingsville, Md.; distributor, John H. Myers & Son Inc., Aberdeen, Md.; products, Multi-Purpose Panel (MPW120) and Wind-Lok (MPV120) both in Bone White.
Founded in 1963, ATAS International, Inc., a leading manufacturer of metal roofing, wall and ceiling panels, produces systems for commercial and residential buildings. The ATAS product line offers more than 20 profiles available in aluminum, steel, zinc and copper. These profiles include: standing and batten seams; corrugated; curved; tapered; shingles; tiles; shakes; and narrow or wide ribbed panels with hidden or exposed fasteners. Rainware, crown moulding and perimeter edge trim are also available with the same finish to match or accent a roofing or wall system. ATAS offers energy efficient building envelope technology, such as cool roofing products that are ENERGY STAR® qualified and InSpire, the transpired solar collector, which utilizes precision perforated metal panels to preheat ventilation air via solar energy. ATA-Solar, a building integrated photovoltaic product complements ATAS’ sustainable product offerings. Profiles are coated with a Kynar 500® PVDF or Hylar 5000® PVDF finish in 30 standard colors. ATAS has four manufacturing facilities in the United States: two facilities, including the headquarters, in Allentown, Pa.; one in Maryville, Tenn.; and one in Mesa, Ariz. All ATAS locations are certified to ISO 9001:2008 with design.
There are no comments on this article.