Auto Body Shops
Horse Barns Facilities
Metal Building Kits
Metal Roofs Roofing
Pre Engineered Metal
Pre Engineered Steel
Steel Building Kits
Projects of the Year Awarded by ATAS at Annual Customer Event
Author: Stevi Jerrold
Location: Allentown, PA
Allentown, Pa., June 4, 2013–ATAS International, Inc., a leading manufacturer of metal roofing, wall and ceiling panels for commercial and residential applications, held its annual Customer Appreciation Day events from May 6-7. ATAS invited customers to its headquarters in Allentown for fun activities, like golf and shoot sporting clays; to learn more about ATAS products and services with tours and demonstrations; and to award noteworthy 2012 projects during a State of the Industry & Awards Ceremony Dinner. This years’ event also marked the 50th anniversary of ATAS.
“We would not be where we are today without the support of our customers,” said Dick Bus, president of ATAS. “We look forward to Customer Appreciation Day every May, but this year was special because we could involve so many in our celebration.”
During the State of the Industry & Awards Ceremony Dinner, ATAS announced the winners of its annual Project of the Year. Awards are given in five categories: Commercial Roofs, Commercial Walls, Residential Roofs, Residential Walls and Sustainability. To qualify, all projects must have been completed during 2012 and must feature ATAS products. The winners are:
- First Place: St. Sophia’s Greek Orthodox Church, Jeffersonville, Pa. Architect, CJK Design Group, San Rafael, Calif.; distributor, North Coast Commercial Roofing Systems, York, Pa.; and installer, GSM Roofing, Ephrata, Pa. Product included: PC Snap-On System (curved and tapered) 0.040-inch aluminum in Coppertone.
- Second Place: All Saints Mausoleum, Newfield, N.J. Architect, Rissi Associates Architects PC, Wyncote, Pa., and distributor/installer, Babbitt Manufacturing Co. Inc., Vineland, N.J. Product included: Dutch Seam (MRD150) 0.032-inch aluminum in Patina Green.
- Third Place: T.K.’s Ice Cream, Cream Ridge, N.J. Architect, Ronald E. Rheume, AIA, Yardville, N.J., and installer, Daniel Glick Construction, Lancaster, Pa. Products included: Dutch Seam (MRD150) 0.032-inch aluminum in Bone White and Opaline (OPN081) 0.032-inch aluminum in Brite Red.
- First Place: Stepping Stones Preschool Addition at Ancillae Assumpta Academy, Wyncote, Pa. Architect, John J. Di Benedetto Associates Architects Inc., Jenkintown, Pa.; distributor, Alside Supply Center, Warminster, Pa.; and installer, Griffith Exteriors Inc., Warminster. Product included: CastleTop (HCT160) 0.032-inch aluminum in Rawhide and Regal Blue.
- Second Place: Eureka Springs High School, Eureka, Ark. Architect, Morrison Architecture PC, Holiday Island, Ark., and installer, A-Lert Roof Systems a division of Centurion Industries Inc., New Braunfels, Ark. Products included: Belvedere Short Rib Panel (BWK360) 24-gauge steel in Brite Red; Rigid Wall (MFR160) 24-gauge steel in Rocky Grey; Multi-Purpose (MPN120) 24-gauge steel in Slate Grey; and Multi-Purpose (MPN080) 24-gauge steel in Antique Patina.
- Third Place: Collegetown, Ithaca, N.Y. Architect, ikon.5 architects, Princeton, N.J.; distributor, Erie Materials Inc., Syracuse, N.J.; and installer, Henderson-Johnson Co. Inc., Syracuse. Products included: Custom Panel 0.032-inch aluminum in Rocky Grey; Versa-Lok 0.040-inch aluminum in Rocky Grey; PC Snap-On System (PCP150) 0.040-inch aluminum in Rocky Grey; and Dutch Seam (MRD150) 0.040-inch aluminum in Rocky Grey.
- First Place: Private Residence, Grindstone, Pa. Distributor, Cassady Pierce Co., Pittsburgh, and installer, Donald M. Miller Inc., Uniontown, Pa. Product include: Granutile (HGT144) 26-gauge steel in Timberwood.
- Second Place: Private Residence, Jeanette, Pa. Architect, lee CALISTI architecture+design, Greensburg, Pa.; distributor, Cassady Pierce Co., Greensburg; and installer, County Roofing & Heating Inc., Jeanette. Product included: Field-Lok (FLM165) 24-gauge steel in Slate Grey.
- Third Place: Private Residence, Sparta, N.J. Design-builder, NJ Custom Homes, Jefferson Township, N.J.; distributor, Arzee Supply Corp., Cedar Knolls, N.J.; and installer, Bella Contracting Corp., Chester, N.J. Product included: Dutch Seam (MRD150) 24-gauge steel in COR-TEN AZP®.
- First Place: Navy Green, Brooklyn, N.Y. Executive architect, Curtis + Ginsberg Architects LLP, New York; design architect, Matthew Bremer AIA/Architecture in Formation PC, New York; and distributor/installer, United Panel Technologies Corp., Hauppauge, N.Y. Product included: Corrugated Panel (BWC374) 0.032-inch aluminum in four different shades of Custom Red.
- Second Place: Private Residence, Takoma Park, Md. Architect, McInturff Architects, Bethesda, Md.; distributor, The Roof Center, Brentwood, Md.; and installer, Added Dimensions Inc., Takoma Park. Product included: Opaline (OPM045) 0.032-inch aluminum in Black.
- Third Place: Westgate Apartments, Pasadena, Calif. Architect, TCA Architects, Los Angeles; distributor, Tinco Sheet Metal Inc., Los Angeles; and installer Regis Contractors LP, Irvine, Calif. Products included: Metafor (MFP120) 0.032-inch aluminum in Clear Anodized and Corrugated Panel (BWC374) 0.032-inch aluminum in Clear Anodized.
- First Place: John W. Olver Transit Center, Greenfield, Mass. Architect, Charles Rose Architects Inc., Somerville, Mass.; distributor, Steeltech Building Products Inc., South Windsor, Conn.; and installer, Fontaine Bros. Inc., Springfield, Mass. Product included: InSpire, 0.032-inch aluminum in Classic Bronze.
- Second Place: New Hingham Elementary, Hingham, Mass. Architect, Ai3 Architects LLC, Wayland, Mass., and distributor/installer, Advanced Metal Systems, Holliston, Mass. Product included: InSpire, 0.032-inch aluminum in Regal Blue.
- Third Place: North Hempstead “Yes We Can” Community Center, Westbury, N.Y. Architect, The RBA Group Inc., Melville, N.Y., and distributor/installer, United Panel Technologies Corp., Hauppauge, N.Y. Product included: InSpire, 0.032-inch aluminum in Classic Bronze.
Founded in 1963, ATAS International, Inc., a leading manufacturer of metal roofing, wall and ceiling panels, produces systems for commercial and residential buildings. The ATAS product line offers more than 20 profiles available in aluminum, steel, zinc and copper. These profiles include: standing and batten seams; corrugated; curved; tapered; shingles; tiles; shakes; and narrow or wide ribbed panels with hidden or exposed fasteners. Rainware, crown moulding and perimeter edge trim are also available with the same finish to match or accent a roofing or wall system. ATAS offers energy efficient building envelope technology, such as cool roofing products that are ENERGY STAR® qualified and InSpire, the transpired solar collector, which utilizes precision perforated metal panels to preheat ventilation air via solar energy. ATA-Solar, a building integrated photovoltaic product complements ATAS’ sustainable product offerings. Profiles are coated with a Kynar 500® PVDF or Hylar 5000® PVDF finish in 30 standard colors. ATAS has four manufacturing facilities in the United States: two facilities, including the headquarters, in Allentown, Pa.; one in Maryville, Tenn.; and one in Mesa, Ariz. All ATAS locations are certified to ISO 9001:2008 with design.
Comments: Projects of the Year Awarded by ATAS at Annual Customer Event
There are no comments on this article.
Des Moines, IA
El Paso, TX
Fort Worth, TX
Las Vegas, NV
Little Rock, AR
Los Angeles, CA
New Orleans, LA
New York, NY
Oklahoma City, OK
Salt Lake City, UT
San Antonio, TX
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA